When you have been wronged by your employer, you may be upset, angry, afraid and sad, sometimes all at the same time. We know that the vast majority of Kentucky employees are hardworking people who take pride in the quality of their work. To be treated unfairly by an employer or to be wrongfully terminated can be devastating.
At McCarty Legal, we will listen to what happened to you in a free initial consultation, and we know what questions to ask to assess your situation. In some cases, giving you legal and practical advice is all that is required to resolve the problem; in others, we communicate and negotiate with the employer to solve the issues between you. But if necessary, we will not hesitate to protect your rights in court, taking legal action against your employer. We have successfully represented employees against Fortune 500 companies, as well as state, city and county governments.
We understand the difficulties that confront employees in Kentucky. Our firm dedicates itself to defending employees’ rights and fighting against employment discrimination based on race, gender, religion, disability, or age. When employers discriminate or allow harassment and retaliation to hurt you, we work hard to hold them accountable for their illegal actions. If an employer fired, demoted, refused to promote, or otherwise punished you because of your race, gender, religion, disability, or age, we can help get compensation for those unlawful choices.
This firm does not charge you to meet with us and discuss your issues. Most of our cases are taken on a contingency basis, meaning in those cases that you don’t have to pay attorneys’ fees unless we settle your case or win for you at trial.
McCarty Legal Is Committed to Protecting Employee Rights in the Workplace.
Unlike many law firms that add employment law to a long list of practice areas or squeeze it in to augment their personal injury practice, this firm practices exclusively in the employment law area. McCarty Legal provides assistance in the following areas:
- Protecting your job while you still have it
- Enforcing your right to protected leaves such as the Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA)
- Harassment: Sexual harassment is the most common form of harassment, but people also face harassment in the workplace because of their race, religion, age, disability, pregnancy status, or political activities, such as union organizing
- Pursuing a charge of discrimination based on your protected status such as race, age, sex, gender, and disability
- Pursuing a charge of retaliation for engaging in protected conduct such as opposing discrimination or complaining about illegal conduct in the workplace (“whistleblowing”)
- Achieving resolution of employment disputes
- Wrongful Termination in violation of Kentucky’s public policy
Contact McCarty Legal online or at (502) 459-4108 for a free initial consultation.
McCarty Legal proudly serves clients throughout Kentucky, including, among other communities, Louisville, Owensboro, Georgetown, Bowling Green, Somerset, Lexington, Richmond, Berea, Shelbyville, Bardstown, Brandenburg, Danville, Elizabethtown, Frankfort, Lebanon, Radcliff, Shepherdsville, Mayfield, Murray, Burlington, Henderson, Glasgow, Madisonville, Independence, Nicholasville, Ashland, Winchester, Middlesborough, La Grange, New Port, Williamsburg, London, Danville, Covington, Hopkinsville, and Paducah, in the area of Employment Law. COURT COSTS AND CASE EXPENSES WILL BE THE RESPONSIBILITY OF THE CLIENT.